Hello! Welcome back to what will hopefully be regular, real blogging from yours truly. :) My biggest news is that I left my day job in publishing early in June and have been writing full time for about a month and a half now. And I mean writing full time. One of the things I've come to realize about myself is that I'm a bit of a workaholic and have a hard time stopping when it comes to editing and revising when I'm in the swing of things. I'm definitely trying to develop more of a schedule, but it's been difficult because of quick deadline turnarounds, having to hunt for an apartment, having to pack, etc.
IN THE AFTERLIGHT Updates
- I just turned in what's hopefully my last draft before it goes to copyediting(!) and from there it's onto first pass pages and then, by September, glorious hardcover for an October 28th release. I know a lot of people were disappointed by the move from September to October, but I'm grateful my publisher's scheduling worked out in favor of me being able to spend a few extra weeks perfecting the book for you guys.
- I am going on tour in October! I don't have the final dates and locations, though my understanding is that it's largely east coast events. Will update you guys when I have a bit more information
- Speaking of events, I'll be a YALLFest again this year! I hope to see you guys there!
- I'm moving! I'm staying in the city, but I'm moving up a few blocks to a little apartment of my own. I'm very excited, but it'll mean being without the internet for a while. In case you're wondering where I've gotten off to.
- I'm going on vacation! It's been six months(!!) since I last saw my family, so I'm VERY excited. My mom is flying to NYC and then we're going to Paris to visit my younger brother together.
- One of the biggest reasons I'm so excited to write full time is that I now have time to really be in touch with you guys. By popular request, I've set up a mailbox you can use to send me notes and whatnot. I have some goodies to send back to you, too.
- Speaking of moving, I've moved my tumblr from alexbracken.tumblr to alexandrabracken.tumblr.com. This is mostly because I got tired of having alexbracken be a secondary account, which complicated things when I tried to post directly from Instagram. Please follow me over there if you haven't already!