The One at Westminster Abbey
Wedding day is here! Congratulations to the beautiful bride and groom on their happy day. Everything went off beautifully, and the only slight hitch was that it looked as though the now-Duchess of Cambridge's ring wasn't going to fit. Stressful! Jules and I got up at 5 AM to watch the event, which ended up being perfect timing since it was right as the princes were leaving for Westminster Abbey. I loved Catherine's wedding dress and thought it was very appropriate both for the venue and the magnitude of the event. And it WAS McQueen (or, at least, Sarah Burton for McQueen).
Jules made scones last night and waffles this morning (yum!) and our friend, Jill, ending up hiking it in from Brooklyn to watch the event with us. The ceremony reaffirmed several things:
1) That this event felt much happier and more comfortable than Diana's and Prince Charles' (which Jules and I totally rewatched last night--thanks TLC!)
2) Prince Harry is adorable. Did you catch him turn around and peek at Catherine as she was coming down the aisle? I think he said something like, "Wait until you see her." D'aaawww. Just a couple of crazy kids in love.
3) American newscasters trying to understand British culture = hilarious. They kept confusing all of the different Dukes and Duchesses and Meredith, in particular, was really fixated on the idea of some of the royals arriving in buses. Also providing some comedy gold: Anderson "Silver Fox" Cooper shutting down all of Piers Morgan's sentimentality and keeping the newscast strictly business.
4) I somehow know all of the words to the "Jerusalem" hymn (Otherwise known as William Blake's poem "And did those feet in ancient times.") How. HOW. HOW DO I KNOW THIS SONG? It felt very appropriate for the ceremony.
5) Princess Shiny Hair's full title is now: Her Royal Highness Princess William Arthur Philip Louis, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus, Master of Arts. Get it, girl!
6) Little children do not like loud crowds:
I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm working on revisions this weekend (Have I mentioned how sickeningly in love I am with my editorial letter?) and hopefully parking myself out in the warm sunlight. I did want to let you guys know, though, that I'll be signing at Book Expo America this year. Here's my listing:
Autograph Session Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:00AM - 10:30AM
Location: Table 20
Will sign: Book
I should be signing paperbacks of Brightly Woven. See you there??