The One with a Saturday Six
Hmm, shall I blog? I just went through the three or four blog entries that I started and stopped this past week. Not really sure why I couldn't bring myself to finish them, but it's probably for the best. If they didn't even hold my interest, I sincerely doubt they would have held anyone else's.
1. So! The Littlest Bracken is still here, and has done a really great job of entertaining himself this past week (I say this without a hint of sarcasm) while I've been at work. So far he's done everything from Times Square to the Empire State building to shopping at Macy's, and has eaten pizza for at least one meal a day. I took a half day on Friday so that we could grab lunch together at Rockefeller Center, and we decided spur-of-the-moment style to go see the Tim Burton exhibit at MoMA. And then, after being crowded into a hot, airless little room with hundreds of other people looking at scary-and-AWESOME props and illustrations, we decided to go see Alice in Wonderland
I was... disappointed. We saw it in 3D, so I was bitter about having to pay $16.50 to see it in the first place, but it sounds like the 3D experience is much better than the 2D one. While the movie is visually very, very pretty and I thought the actress that played Alice was great... the rest was only "meh" for me. The whole affair seemed kind of heartless, and while a certain level of confusion/nonsensical play is to be expected, there were moments that made no sense and dialogue that I genuinely couldn't understand. Kind of a bummer affair for me, if only because I am a big Tim Burton fangirl. :/
2. Ever wondered what the pyramids look like from space?
3. The fabulous Victoria Schwab is having a contest that you should all go investigate!
4. I've been listening to this song on repeat lately, though I'm not sure why. Every time I listen to it, all I can think about is freshman year of college. Studying for European History, working on my first novel, eating Caf food. Good times.
5. I keep thinking that I want to start doing TV show recaps, but I honestly watch so much TV that I'm not sure what I could or should recap. The shows I follow fairly religiously (some on the nights they air, others I marathon during the summer or off-writing times): Bones, How I Met Your Mother, White Collar, Supernatural, Legend of the Seeker, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Dexter, Friday Night Lights, Project Runway, Castle, Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Mad Men, Grey's Anatomy... the list goes on and on. Kind of terrifying, right? Clearly I need to quit some of them, but I am week. So very, very, very weak.
6. But just to convince you that I'm still, you know, capable of reading, I recently finished a huge (in length and importance) new book that we recently acquired (hooray!) and Perfect Chemistry, and I'm currently reading Sisters Red and A Brief History of Montmaray on the subway trips to and from work. Do you guys have any other recommendations? I have two for you: Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, both March debuts, and both excellent.
Okay, will be better about blogging this week, I promise! Must find dinner now...